Dr. Chester McDonald lived and practiced by these words...
To enjoy life - to be happy - to be successful in our daily work, we must have good health. We take good health for granted while we feel fit, and not until we lose it, do we realize that good health is the recipe for happiness.
Upon graduation from the National College of Chiropractic in the early twentieth century, Dr. Chester B. McDonald established the first chiropractic practice in southwestern Michigan. His practice grew dramatically and in the early 1930's he built a large Hospital in Benton Harbor. The Hospital incorporated the latest drugless therapies that were found in expensive European health spas of that era; however these therapies were provided to working class people at affordable prices. Dr. C. B. McDonald also maintained a very large chiropractic practice up until his untimely passing in 1948.
Dr. John H. McDonald joined his father in practice in 1947, upon graduation from the National College of Chiropractic in Chicago. Under his direction the practice changed from the hospital setting on Pipestone Street to its present location and facilities on Napier Avenue. He served as President of the Michigan State Chiropractic Association. During the early 1960's, he was very instrumental in getting legislation passed in Michigan that included chiropractic coverage in all insurance programs: workers comp, auto insurance, health insurance and Medicaid.
Dr. McDonald enjoyed a very special relationship with many of his patients who remained very loyal to him throughout his 40 plus years of practice. He retired in 1989 and is now deceased.
Back care you can trust
♦ (269) 925-2225
763 East Napier Avenue
Benton, MI 49022
(4 Blocks West of Orchards Mall)
In Business Since 1913
Mon - Wed: 08:30 AM - 06:00 PM
Thu: 08:30 AM - 12:00 PM 01:15 PM - 03:00 PM
Fri: 08:30 AM - 06:00 PM
Sat: 08:30 AM - 12:00 PM