Good posture, along with a nutritious diet, aerobic conditioning, strength training, rest and periodic spinal adjustments, is a key to preventative health care. Good posture is especially helpful in avoiding injuries to the back.
How Chiropractic Benefits Your Posture
Chiropractic care is an effective way to interrupt the tense-body, tense-mind muscle. When you experience long periods of stress, the muscles may become tight and tense. This may result in pulling on the vertebrae, which can constrict motion and cause nerve irritation that perpetuates the cycle. Chiropractors can interrupt this cycle and recommend stress reduction techniques and procedures.
Exercise For Micro Breaks
For visually demanding tasks, change your focus by looking at an object that is more than 20 feet away. Look out a window or at a picture on the wall that is far away.
Give your eyes a break from lights in the room by placing your palms lightly over your eyes while they are closed. Hold this position for 30 - 60 seconds.
If you work with your hands, frequently exercise and stretch your fingers, hands, wrists and forearms. Shrug your shoulders up towards your ears or roll your shoulders backward and forward in circular motions.
Improper and Proper Ways To Work At Your Desk
1. Bracing a telephone between your neck
2. Physical problems may result from less forceful but improper movements over a long period of time by many repetitions
3. Slumping increases spinal strain and pressure
4. Constant one-sided body twisting can create muscular and spinal imbalance
5. A billfold in your back pocket can cause a tilt in the hips or lower back as well as interfere with circulation
6. Avoid carrying the burden of your work load
Back care you can trust
♦ (269) 925-2225
763 East Napier Avenue
Benton, MI 49022
(4 Blocks West of Orchards Mall)
In Business Since 1913
Mon - Wed: 08:30 AM - 06:00 PM
Thu: 08:30 AM - 12:00 PM 01:15 PM - 03:00 PM
Fri: 08:30 AM - 06:00 PM
Sat: 08:30 AM - 12:00 PM